WomenAugust 13, 2022 2022-09-11 10:11
Women Empowerment and Gender Equality are the most important requirements for the upliftment and progress of our nation. In the effort to make St. Xavier College a strong kernel of gender sensitization, the Women Cell (WC) was constituted in October 2016 and Re-constituted on 31st July 2021 under the leadership of Rev. Sister Rency Sebastian, Vice-Principal. The Cell has both faculty and students of the College as its members and works with an aim of empowering women to recognize their true potential and to create a gender sensitized community within campus as well as in the society.
Aims and Objectives:
-To stress upon the development of women in every sphere.
-To organize events and activities for women empowerment.
-To create an environment that will help women realize their full potential and give their best.
-To encourage female students to be self-reliant and economically independent.
-To instil positive self-esteem and confidence in female students so that they can take the
-To develop various life skills through trainings
-To inculcate moral values through discussions and individual counselling
-To create awareness on the roles/ duties and rights of women so as to prepare them to protect
themselves from any sort of harassment.
-To instil in them the sense of responsibilities in building a good society
-To make women aware of their social and legal rights and thus empower them to stand against
-To act as a forum for information sharing and exchange of ideas.
-To prevent Sexual Harassment and to promote general well-being of female students, teaching,
non-teaching women staff of the college.
-To organize Seminars, Workshops relating to women development.
WC would function in consonance with the guidelines of St. Xavier College provided by UGC.
The main functions include:
- Spreading Awareness and Conducting Seminars that will result in women empowerment
within and outside the campus.
2. Assistance in prevention of sexual harassment
3. Monitor the timely conduction of activities under WC and making reporting monthly.
1. The meeting agenda will be linked to the objectives of WC and annual action plan. However, the committee will also assess the current needs and develop the agenda accordingly.
2. The committee meets every month. The chair of the committee may convene additional meetings, as she deems necessary.